Hello Dear Friends! So Glade to have you here around “Flavors Family” the blog number one to get the best ideas for Healthy Recipes, breakfast, lunch and dinner with crock pot recipes, chicken recipes & more. Today I am sharing one of my favorite easy recipes “Baked Blueberry Waffles”, with a light twist.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- 12 Buttermilk Waffles I made a double batch and there were 4 extra
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups blueberries plus more for garnish (I used 2 1/2 cups frozen and 1 cup fresh on the top before putting into the oven, plus some additional when serving)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter
- Make buttermilk waffles above.
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Divide the cream cheese into 6 cubes. Spread one cube of cream cheese onto the top of one waffle and place in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, cream cheese side up. Repeat with remaining cream cheese and 5 more waffles.
- Sprinkle 2 1/2 cups of the blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Place remaining 6 waffles on top so that it resembles 6 waffle sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and syrup and mix well. Using a ladle, pour mixture evenly over the waffles, making sure each is well coated.
- Cover baking dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and using a metal spatula and one clean hand, carefully turn each individual waffle sandwich over. It’s not a big deal if they fall apart too badly, just place blueberries back in and put waffles back together as best you can.
- Replace plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake in the morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- While oven is warming up, in a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Heat over medium-high until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. You can test this by rubbing some of the mixture in between your fingers – if it’s still gritty, continue to heat and stir.
- Pour mixture evenly over waffles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set in the middle. Allow waffles to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional blueberries.
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :