Hello Dear Friends! So Glade to have you here around “Flavors Family” the blog number one to get the best ideas for Healthy Recipes, breakfast, lunch and dinner with crock pot recipes, chicken recipes & more. Today I am sharing one of my favorite easy recipes “Crockpot Chicken Quesadilla Soup”, with a light twist.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts ~2-3 large breasts
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce 10 ounces red enchilada sauce*
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cans (15 ounces EACH) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) southwestern corn (or regular sweet corn, or fire-roasted corn)
- 1 cup chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (8 ounces) full fat cream cheese, very softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- Toppings: sour cream (we use fat free), Colby Jack cheese, avocado, fresh lime, green onions or cilantro, and tortilla strips (as an alternate to the grilled cheese)
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- 1 and 1/2 cups Colby Jack cheese
In a large crockpot (I use a 6 quart crockpot), add in the diced green pepper, diced onion, uncooked chicken breasts, enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, drained and rinsed black beans, undrained corn, chicken stock or broth, and minced garlic.
Add in all of the seasonings: the cumin, paprika, seasoned salt, pepper, and chili powder. Stir well and cover the crockpot.
Cook on high for 3-5 hours (or until chicken will easily shred) or low for 5-8 hours (again, until chicken will shred easily)
Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred in another bowl using two forks.
Meanwhile, cube the cream cheese into small cubes (it should be very softened — melt in microwave) and put them in the crockpot. Stir well and cover. Change temperature to high. Let it sit for a few minutes and then using a large whisk, briskly whisk the cream cheese to melt.
Add the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Stir and cover. Cook on high until all the cream cheese is completely melted. Whisk once more.
Meanwhile, make the quesadillas. Warm a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Lay one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle all over with 1/2 cup of cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt, lift a corner of the tortilla and check the underside. When the cheese is all melted and you see golden-brown spots on the underside of the tortilla, fold the quesadilla over in half and remove to the cutting board (I do cook these to very crisp since they’ll be in soup/dipped in soup). Repeat until all the quesadillas are made. Cut into large quarters or smaller croutons. Serve hot with the soup!
Serve the soup bowls with sour cream, colby jack cheese, avocado, fresh lime, cilantro/green onions as desired. If you only do one topping, to me, the cheese is a MUST! If you don’t serve with the quesadillas, add some tortilla strips to the top 🙂
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :