Hello Dear Friends! So Glade to have you here around “Flavors Family” the blog number one to get the best ideas for Healthy Recipes, breakfast, lunch and dinner with crock pot recipes, chicken recipes & more. Today I am sharing one of my favorite easy recipes “Double Chocolate Frosted Almond Cookies”, with a light twist.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 3.5 ounces almond paste cut into smaller pieces
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds divided
- 1 12.5- ounce container Wholesome Organic Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and almond paste until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and incorporating fully.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter in two batches until just combined.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of the sliced almonds and the chocolate baking chips.
- Using a cookie scoop the size of a tablespoon place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press onto the dough, and flatten each into a small disk with your fingers.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with the Wholesome Organic Chocolate Frosting and sprinkle each cookie with some sliced almonds.
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :